until 30 June 2021
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR MEDIA RELEASE
A face mask is not required in some circumstances including for:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years.
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition.
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
The changing response with respect to infection management protocols, case numbers and the impact this has on Face-to-Face consultations means, for the present – and in general we will be offering TELEHEALTH or REMOTE CONSULTATIONS to most people seeking psychological support.
Generally, Sessions will be offered over ZOOM or PHONE. This decision will be reviewed by 30 June 2021. Medicare Rebates under the Better Access to Mental Health Care Support Initiative will be available until that time.
We Will Update You
We will send out text updates at the beginning of each week to confirm these arrangements, however there are always exceptions. If you have an exception – please contact us directly on 0414 768 943. Text messages are preferred. Please be as brief as possible so we can respond as immediately as possible.
TeleHealth Sessions make Better Access to Mental Health Support Services accessible to more Australians.
Sessions will be delivered by Video Conferencing Platform ZOOM or over the mobile phone or landline network.
We will be using ZOOM because …
- it is easy to use
- it is very stable in terms of quality of connection, image and sound
- it is accessible and can be used by both android and apple products
We will also use MOBILE PHONE or LANDLINE connection as a back up.
How do I use ZOOM?
Before using TeleHealth, you will need to …
- Have access to a WiFi/Internet Connection and or a Phone Connection
- Download the Zoom App from the App Store or Google Play OR use the link in the ZOOM Meeting Invite
- Book Online and let us know you are seeking a TeleHealth Session
- Ask your GP for a Mental Health Care Plan so you can claim the rebate